Understand. Influence. Lead
We believe in putting the shopper at the heart of all conversations. Only by understanding how shoppers think and behave, can we influence what they buy.
We’re the only intelligence partner to unlock how and why shoppers buy, then continuously and objectively benchmark every category and every retailer to deliver essential shopper insights for retailers and suppliers.
With a combination of the trusted expertise of our people and pioneering techniques, we provide the most simple and actionable shopper insights in the industry.
Shopper Intelligence is the largest international program of systematic shopper insights. In Australia and New Zealand alone, we carry out 150,000+ shopper interviews every year.
What Does Shopper Intelligence Deliver?
- Understand WHY shoppers behave the way they do for any category, segment, brand or retail banner
- Compare across retailers and channels and track over time
- Benchmark categories across the store
- Identify performance strengths and weaknesses
How is Shopper Intelligence used?
- Puts ‘hard’ shopper measures into category and customer plans
- Informs category vision, strategy, and tactical plans
- Facilitates supplier and retailer joint planning – top to top and day to day
- Provides a shopper “Key Performance Indicator” for category outcomes over time
- Foundation of a category scorecard
Benefits of using Shopper Intelligence?
- Shared cost platform, delivering robust sample that is highly cost effective
- Objective – acts as the voice of the shopper in all planning situations
- One source used by both retailers and suppliers
- Comprehensive suite of consistent reports that are simple and familiar to navigate
- Online reporting tools that make insights easy to access and use across teams
- Consistent shopper measures year to year across categories and retailers
- Benchmarking ability delivers context for category and retailer performance