Senior Insights Manager – Job Description
Title: Senior Insights Manager
Reports to: Client Service Director
Department: Client Service
Location: Frenchs Forest / Hybrid
Why you’re here (your key outcomes)
• To drive client satisfaction by delivering high quality outputs that identify critical insights and opportunities for growth
within categories and retailers.
• To help maximise the value clients take from Shopper Intelligence by adapting and responding to their business needs.
• To develop client relationships and total customer value through excellent management, servicing and delivery.
How you spend your time (your key results areas / deliverables)
• Client management and delivery (40%)
• Analysis, reporting and insight generation (30%)
• Program / project management (25%)
• Resolving client queries (5%)
How you add value (your main responsibilities)
Client management and delivery
• Manage client relationships from a delivery perspective for a specific group of customers
• Understand client’s individual business needs and create delivery plans to meet those needs
• Collect and shape briefs with clients, agreeing appropriate outputs with stakeholders
• Lead delivery sessions, workshops, and presentations, bringing CSD and / or CSE in to support as needed
• Gather feedback from clients to track value / quality perceptions, work with CSD to identify / respond to improvement opportunities
• Support CSD in driving Shopper Intelligence’s “best agency partner” charter throughout the business
• Work with CSD to identify commercial opportunities and maximise growth and retention levels for a specific group of customers.
Analysis, reporting and insight generation
• Interpret, analyse, and manipulate standard reports to identify insights and commercial opportunities for clients
• Ensure quality / accuracy of deliverables for your clients, as well as appropriate level of insight / depth for the intended audience
• Work with Ops / CSE / European team to ensure data / analysis issues are resolved and communicated to clients in a timely manner
• Identify opportunities to develop / evolve reporting and work with CS and Ops to manage changes through to clients
• Proactively ensure that new analysis models and innovations are being shared with your clients
• Use others (e.g., CSE / European team) appropriately and effectively to support you in achieving these objectives.
Program / project management
• Act as project lead for one or more key business initiatives, defining and tracking overall project path and milestones
• Collaborate with others to agree objectives and organise resources effectively to achieve desired outcomes
• Proactively identify challenges / opportunities and engage stakeholders (internal / external) to ensure impact.
Resolving client queries
• Ensure prompt and proactive query resolution for a specific group of customers
• Delegate appropriately and effectively to CSE to support with queries
• Work with CSE to identify and implement process improvements that will increase efficiency and / or client satisfaction
How success is measured (your performance measurements)
• Customer feedback / satisfaction scores
• Delivery of outputs to agreed timescales
• Quality / accuracy of client deliverables
• Client retention
• Delivery of programs / projects
• Generation and implementation of new ideas
What you bring to the table (your skills, competencies, and behaviours)
• Strong qualitative and quantitative research / analysis experience
• Experience in research, category management or marketing gained within an agency or FMCG
• Excellent client relationship management
• Analysis and synthesis of ideas and information to create coherent and relevant business implications
• High level of project and stakeholder management capability
• Advanced MS Office Suite skills
o Communicate openly and consistently with stakeholders
o Adapt style according to the needs of your audience
o Give and receive feedback openly.
• Drive for results:
o Focus on the needs of your customer
o Strive to meet goals and targets.
o Plan and structure work effectively
o Schedule work activities appropriately over the short to medium term
o Establish priorities and account for potential challenges.
• Problem solving:
o Able to gather and assess relevant information
o Propose alternatives and consider consequences in a logical sequence.
• Quality focus:
o Show keen attention to detail
o Take responsibility for the quality of your work
o Conscientiously address errors when found.
• Relationship building
o Establish, maintain and develop effective relationships
o Develop rapport using appropriate interpersonal styles
o Demonstrate understanding and empathy.
• Demonstrate the Shopper Intelligence values:
o Excellence: Always deliver what we promise
o Empowerment: Work smarter not harder
o Playing to our strengths: Respect and recognise each other
o Teamwork: Make life easy for yourself and those around you.
• Degree in business, marketing or closely related field, or relevant industry experience.